Mohammad Sio
17 March 2026•Update: 17 March 2026
ISTANBUL
Air defenses in Kuwait intercepted two ballistic missiles and 13 drones in the last 24 hours, the Kuwaiti army said Tuesday.
A statement said the Defense Ministry’s spokesperson reported the projectiles were detected within Kuwaiti airspace and successfully intercepted by air defense systems.
Two people sustained minor injuries as a result of falling debris from the interceptions, it added, noting that their condition is stable.
No significant property damage was reported, according to the statement.
The interceptions came as the US and Israel have continued an offensive on Iran since Feb. 28, killing so far around 1,300 people, including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.
Tehran has retaliated with drone and missile strikes targeting Israel, along with Jordan, Iraq and Gulf countries, which it said are targeting “US military assets,” causing casualties and damage to infrastructure while disrupting global markets and aviation.